Saturday, July 18, 2020

Liberty Chalk Full - small

Well, July is more than half over and my latest cross stitch FFO is the small design from the Hands on Design Liberty Chalk Full pattern.  It was a quick project and I was also determined; I stitched it and fully finished it all this month!  I knew I was most likely not going to finish the larger design before the month was over so I focused on the small.




My stitching materials and supplies used:

14 ct. black Aida cloth
Floss substitutions
DMC 347 for CC Licorice Red
Sullivans 45279 (DMC equivalent is 937) for CC Steamed Broccoli
Sullivans 45133 (DMC equivalent is 597) for CC Really Teally
Sullivans 45463 (DMC equivalent is 3865) for GAST Chalk

For the finishing, I purchased an Art Minds wooden frame from Michaels which has a 4x6 opening and was the perfect fit for the piece.  I coated the frame with two layers of white acrylic paint which I think showcases the design and makes the colors pop.  Next, I cut a piece of chipboard the size of the opening using the frame label as a template, and added a piece of batting on top of it.  I then layered the stitched piece on top of the batting and wrapped and glued down (with hot glue gun) the two short edges to the back of the chipboard.  I didn't have much fabric at the top of the piece to wrap so I left the two long sides unglued.  Once pressed into the frame, it was a good snug fit and enough fabric that I think the lip of the frame helped to keep it in place.  And finally, I wanted to add a little embellishment and I found some stars and stripes ribbon in my stash.  I cut a length of ribbon and adhered to the frame with some liquid glue, I tied another piece into a bow and hot glued it to the center.  A clean and simple finish!

Happy stitching!




No comments:

Post a Comment