Sunday, February 8, 2015

A new blog, first post and a few projects

Wow, it's 2015!  I decided it was time to create a new blog that wasn't limited by it's title as I do love many crafts.  Not that the title restricted what was posted but I started Sugar and Paper to share my cake decorating and card making.  As there are many other crafts that I enjoy doing, or if it's something new, trying it out, I wanted to move on in blog land! With that introduction, my first project this year is this cosmetics bag that I sewed up last night.  I used the free pattern from Deby at So Sew Easy.  I was drawn to sew this bag after seeing her video on how to construct it.  I used this cupcake fabric made by V.I.P by Cranston from Cranston Print Works Co.


I've had it in my stash for a few years and glad I finally created something with it.  When I bought the fabric my intention was to immediately make some potholders but I got so far as to only cut out two squares which are still waiting for some attention, LOL!  So to start and finish this bag in one evening was a good feeling!  The lining fabric is the candy dots pattern from the "Sweet Tooth 2" collection designed by Maria Kalinowski of Kanvas Studio for Benartex.  The finished size is approximately 11" wide x 5 3/4 tall.


Speaking of sweet tooth, here's a bag I made a little over a year ago from some charm packs from the Sweet tooth collection.  This bag is also lined with the candy dots fabric.  The bit of green on the bag bottom and handles is fabric by Patrick Lose for Timeless Treasures, pattern # PAT-1006.  I followed the Missouri Star Quilt Company's tutorial for the "Make three totes/purses with one charm pack" however, I used a larger grouping of charm packs to make a larger tote.  I came across their YouTube channel several years ago and have been hooked ever since; they have great tutorials and Jenny is so fun to watch!  


No comments:

Post a Comment