Saturday, February 14, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day

Here's a little project I whipped up the other night; a mini card and a gable box.  I filled the box with candy and gave this ensemble to my son for Valentine's Day.  To make these items, in my craft stash I found a piece of red card stock embossed with hearts.  I've had it for several years from a craft swap so I finally put it to use.  I used a paper punch to cut out the heart shapes to decorate the box.  Looking at the left over piece with the negative heart shape, I decided it would be a great decoration for a card front. I also found a piece of small card stock that I made into a mini card.  (Sometimes saving scraps is a good thing, LOL!)  I adhered the embossed card stock piece to the card front but it was a bit plain so I stamped in three hearts to finish the look.  Another fun and quick treat holder, I used the instructions I have in my file of tutorials, to make the gable box.  I used a sheet of Stampin Up's ruby red card stock for the gable box.  There is also a video tutorial by Splitcoaststampers for the gable box which can be found on their channel here.  Have a nice day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment