Saturday, September 16, 2017

August birthday cards

The most recent cards I made were last month for two birthdays.

For this first card, I found in my stash of practice watercolored pages, this dog image which is from The Stamps of Life's birthday4Cookie stamp set.  I cut it out along with a white mat panel using the Coluzzle tool.  I decided not to put a sentiment on the front but rather use some my Prima flowers that I've had for quite a while.  A piece of patterned paper, rick rack ribbon and rhinestones for the flower centers finishes the card.  



I'm happy about this second card that I made for my son.  I finally tried a technique and made a galaxy background.  I painted Koi watercolors onto water color paper and once dried, I splattered the background with white acrylic paint that I watered down.  I double matted the background panel onto black and then white card stock.  I used several colors of Stampin Up! card stock with a Sizzix die to cut out the candles.  I stamped the sentiment from Fiskars' Birthday Cheer stamp set using Versamark ink and heat embossed it using white embossing powder.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment