Saturday, June 9, 2018

Coloring page: Sunflower or Daisy

Continuing in The Daily Marker coloring challenge, I have another coloring book page from the book shown in my previous post that I'll be working on throughout this month which I hope to finish.  Several weeks ago I colored the background of this page in a light gray which may be hard to notice in the photo.  Since I started it I figured I would work on it during the coloring challenge.  Also, I'm not sure if the images are sunflowers or daisies so I looked up those flowers and figured they were daisies.  I'm using Prismacolor pencils and started off with a cream, a few shades of yellow and an orange.  And as you can see from the two images colored, they are so different!  To add more depth, I started with the larger flower and added dark brown to the outer center and a deeper orange in the center.  Aah!  It now looks more like a sunflower with the flicks of brown I added around the outer center! Oh well, I'm just going with it as this is more practice for me in this coloring journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment