Sunday, June 17, 2018

Coloring Spring Meadow Bouquet

Wow, it's already day 17 of Kathy's 30 day coloring challenge!  This my latest colored item that I started a few days ago and finished last night.  It's the beautiful digital image from Power Poppy called Spring Meadow Bouquet.


I don't have much experience working with digital images but was inspired by Kathy's video; she printed the image on regular copy paper, say whaaat?  The very few digital images I have, I printed on paper for use with alcohol based markers or heavier weight card stock. However, look how the black and white image turned out with her lovely coloring - wow!  So during a blog hop from several days ago, Power Poppy had advertised a special on this image and I couldn't resist!

I printed the image at an approximate size 5x6 onto copy paper and used Prismacolor pencils as the coloring medium.  Although I've got lots of practicing to do to get to Kathy's level of coloring expertise, using copy is a good inexpensive way to practice various techniques before using a higher quality paper!


No comments:

Post a Comment