Saturday, September 16, 2017

May birthday cards

To celebrate a few birthdays this past May, I created these two cards.  Both floral images are from Stampin Up's Fifth Avenue Floral stamp set. 

The first one has a split front panel design which didn't come out the way I wanted.  I came across this video here by Cards and Coffee Time and tried to case it from memory, yikes, LOL!  I colored the flowers with markers (can't remember but it was either Copics or Bic Mark-Its) and added some shimmer to the centers with my Wink of Stella glitter brush pen.  It was my first time using the brush (glad I had bought it) because it adds that something special to liven up a card!   The sentiment is from Fiskars' Birthday Cheer stamp set and to finish off the card front, I added a few adhesive pearls.


For the next card, I needed to make something quick (to get in the mail) and when I saw the card (love it!) in this video by Justine Hovey, it inspired me to create that last minute card!  I made a mask of the floral image and stamped it along the right side of a piece of white card stock for the front panel.  I colored the flowers with Bic Mark-It markers.  Again I had to use the Wink of Stella glitter brush pen to add some glittery shine!  To finish off the panel, I stamped the sentiment from the Fiskars' Birthday Cheer stamp set and added some brads and adhered the panel to the card front.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment