Saturday, November 27, 2021

Birthday Wishes roses card

It's been a while since I've done any paper crafting but I made this card a few weeks ago.  Earlier in the summer, I decided to practice watercoloring and the perfect solution for me was to use an image out of the Simon Says Stamp Suzy's Flower Sentiments watercolor prints.  The images are printed on watercolor paper, come in a variety of themes and are about 4 1/4" x 5 1/2", great for card making.  This makes it a nice alternative to stamping an image onto watercolor paper which can be challenging due to the rough texture of it although, not impossible.  I colored this beautiful image using Fantasia watercolor pencils.  

I used two colors, a light and dark shade, both for the roses and the leaves.  After I used a wet paint brush to water down the pencil color, I did go back in to add more of the darker color for shading.  It may be hard to tell but that's why I'm practicing 😊!  

To turn the print into a card, I adhered a piece of light purple card stock to the back for a mat and applied that panel to a card based covered in a piece of printed art collage card stock by Die Cuts With a View.  I was going to leave it at that but it needed a little embellishment so I added the yellow ribbon and bow and some sparkle with a Wink of Stella glitter brush pen.  It's hard to capture the sparkle but I think it can be seen in this next picture.


 Happy crafting!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment