Thursday, December 8, 2022

Yarn pumpkins and acorns

Over the last several months I had been admiring pictures of various Autumn decor items and recently made these knit and crochet pumpkins and acorns.  In the picture, the knit items are on the left and crochet on the right.

 

Pumpkins:  I watched multiple crochet pumpkin videos and winged it using a few techniques from those videos to make my own version (I chained 21 and used a half double crochet stitch).  After I finished it, I was very motivated and I searched for a knit pumpkin pattern.  I found this pumpkin pattern by Studio Knit and followed the instructions for the medium size.  The circumference of the pumpkins are approximately 16" for the crochet and 15" for the knit and a height of about 5-5 1/2".  For the stem of the knit pumpkin, I knit two 5 stitch I-cords and sewed together for a bit more thickness.  I used Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn in the colors hot orange and warm brown.  I added a bow made from a piece of the Lily Sugar'n Cream ecru yarn to bring in the color from the acorns. 

Acorns: Even more motivated I thought a few acorns would be fun to add to the collection.  I followed the Little Acorn Crochet Pattern video by Jayda in Stitches and the How to Knit Acorns video by Studio Knit. Also, instead of adding a hanging string on the crochet acorn, I finished the top just like the knit acorn.  The finished acorn sizes are 2" (crochet) and 3" (knit).  I used Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn in the colors ecru and warm brown.

Happy crafting!







No comments:

Post a Comment