Back in July, I finished this scarf that I knitted in the bamboo stitch to pair with this bamboo stitch hat.
This came to be because after I finished the hat, I wanted to use as much of the leftover yarn adding as little as possible to my stash, and trying out the bamboo stitch knit flat (in the video tutorial by Jacq Knits, Jackie mentions knitting the bamboo stitch flat). I cast on the scarf using a 2x2 rib for approximately 1 1/2" and cast off the same way. The nice thing about knitting a scarf was that there was no limit on the length so I knitted to a point where I thought it would be enough yarn to finish with the 2x2 rib edging. The stitch knit flat was very easy going and I was successful in having very little yarn leftover. The finished size is about 4" x 60". Here's a look at both the hat and scarf.
Tools and supplies:
Yarn: Lion Brand Wool Ease worsted weight (80% easy-care acrylic and 20% lamb's wool)
Yarn color #: 151 Grey Heather
Circular Needle: Loops & Threads 16" (40cm) aluminum - US 8 (5mm)
Happy knitting!


No comments:
Post a Comment