Thursday, December 31, 2020

Cross Stitched Pillow Quotes

I finally stopped procrastinating and finished off three mini pillows, all works in progress from oh about at least 3 months ago!  I cross stitched these three patterns back in April/May, started the makings of pillows sometime in the summer and then nothing.  I got as far as forming the pillow for stuffing but then didn't have the desire to complete the project.  Well, I didn't want these UFOs to linger into the new year and motivated myself to finish them last night!  I put on flosstube, pulled out the fiberfill, needle and thread, and got busy!  

These cross stitch patterns are freebies offered for the "bewellandstitch" movement started earlier this year.  Numerous designers created some wonderful patterns to contribute to this cause and even though I'd love to stitch them all, I had to be realistic and narrowed down my selection to these three:


Here are the details:

Fabric:  14 ct. white Aida
Floss: Sulky cotton petite threads (1 strand used) - purple #712-1122, yellow #712-1124, blue #712-1198; Sullivans 45193 (wings), Sullivans 45094 (flower center), DMC 310
Fabric, ribbon and lace trim from stash - (The yellow fabric was also used for the pillow backing.)
Pillow size: 7 1/4" x 5 3/4"



Fabric:  18 ct. white Aida
Floss:  DMC 726 (outer petal), DMC 742 (inner petal), DMC 3364 (flower stem & grass), DMC 921 (words)
Fabric from stash (The orange fabric was also used for the pillow backing.)
Pillow size:  8 3/4" x 4 3/4"



Be well - Pattern by mylifewithmisssassy (pattern on Instagram)
Fabric:  14 ct. white Aida
Floss:  DMC 744 (left and right tulip), DMC 321 (hearts), DMC 742 (center tulip), DMC 839 (vase), DMC 3364 (leaves and stems)
Fabric and ribbon from stash (The brown fabric was also used for the pillow backing.)
Pillow size:  7 3/4 x 4 1/4"



It's such a relief to get these finished and I'm pleased with how they turned out!  Happy stitching and sewing!

 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment