Friday, December 11, 2020

Give Thanks

Thanksgiving may be over but there is always a reason to Give Thanks!  I finally fully finished the Lizzie Kate cross stitch piece in which, oh my goodness, I stitched last year!  Well, I just couldn't figure out the finishing last month but here it is:

It's a little fabric piece cut to approximately a 9" x 9" square that could be a wall hanging or other type of display.  The fabric is a fat quarter I purchased from Walmart a year or two ago and I knew when I saw it that I wanted to use it for some type of Thanksgiving decor.  I cut an opening to fit the design and sewed it down.  I then cut a piece of brown fabric for the backing and sewed the two pieces with right sides together and flipped them out.  To highlight the stitched design, I used fabric fusion to glue down strips of brown bias binding which also covers up the stitches from sewing the Aida cloth to the fabric.  For the final finishing touches, I glued on a ribbon bow as well as some leaves and a flower from my craft stash.

No comments:

Post a Comment